My first project for today is something so simple and fun to do! I just recently got into making wreaths and my friend Nancy and I are going to make a bunch of ribbon wreaths for gifts this year. I am excited to get started.
I only have this one photo of the wreath so I'll just walk you through how I did it below.
- I started out with some foam tubing that I bought from Home Depot. I wrapped it in a circle then secured it with lots of duct tape. (I wouldn't actually suggest using the tubing for all your wreaths as it made the wreath a little flimsy but in a pinch it's good to use and a little bit more inexpensive than the foam tubing from the craft stores.)
- From there I went to the craft store and picked out some yarn I thought looked good together. For this particular wreath I wanted fall colors as I gave it to my sister in-law for her birthday last week.
- I then wrapped the yarn around the wreath, I found it best to hold the wreath in my knees and just wrap. I did this while watching my favorite tv show so it was kind of fun to do. When I was done with each color I just tied a knot on the end and then started with the next.
- After getting all the yarn on I tied the ribbon to the top for hanging.
- I then started looking at putting some embellishments on it. I knew I wanted to do a couple of felt flowers and I cut those out with my big shot using some dies I had and added some buttons from my stash. I also added some felt leaves cut with my big shot. I thought about adding some more but I just decided to leave it alone and not go overboard:-).
I hope you enjoyed my wreath today. Be sure to check back tomorrow on Jill's blog to see who the next blogger is with another fun project.
Super cute. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteBe Blessed, Beckie
I love this! this is so cool. I am gonna have to try this. The colors you chose are so vibrant and the flowers add such a great finishing touch!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea and wreath!! I want to make most gifts this year, too, so this is one to save:-)
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I have been scared to try to make wreaths and I think you have given me the courage to just go out and try it. Thanks so much for doing this!!
ReplyDeleteJessica, this is SO cute. I bet you could teach your kiddo's to do it too, for a teacher's gift at the holidays? How fun would that be?!
ReplyDeleteI've heard others advise about the tubing from Lowes or Home Depot (and I've made my wreaths from the styrofoam circular wreaths at Michael's, using a coupon, of course). A friend of mine picked up a bunch of those swimming pool "noodles" off season for 50% off -- I think they were $0.50/each -- and she used them to make wreaths! Don't you love a bargain!?
Thank you for sharing!!
Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net
Love the wreath! Very pretty. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat is a really cute idea! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteOh that is different and to think you got to watch tv while wrapping the yarn.
ReplyDeleteI bet your sister-in-law loved it
perderg{at}q{dot}com
this is so different! i would never thought of using tubing from home store.. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really great idea...not too difficult & not too expensive. My husband & son are turning his bedroom into a MI room, they are avid MI fans!! Not a lot of $$ for Xmas this year, so been searching for projects like this that I can make myself, but are useful all year long. Blue & Yellow yarn, maybe white too, & then small sports embellishments. Awesome! Thanx!
ReplyDelete