Stampin Daisies Design Crew Creations

Good Morning Everyone!  Today is the first post for my new design team for Stampin Daisies.  I will be posting a new project using these stamps every other week on Tuesdays.  I just love all the stamps she has created so far and you should see the ones she has coming up!  Soooo cute! Anyway, onto my card.  While visiting my local Michael's with my daughter looking for googly eyes for son's birthday invites, we found these cute eyes with eyelashes.  My daughter thought they were just hilarious so we knew we had to get them!  I wasn't sure what I would end up making with them but soon found out!  We were flipping through the Toy Story cartridge book when we saw Mrs. Potato Head and knew that a card needed to be made with her and those eyes!  Here is what I came up with:
I used the Happy Birthday stamp from Stampin Daisies "Just the Basics" set.  I also used the latest MOJO Monday sketch to complete this card.  Sometimes I need something to get me going when creating a card or scrapbook page and sketches really help!  This sketch has so many elements to it!  It was hard to keep up.  Here are some of the different additions I made to this card:
 I hand stitched around the edges of the pink paper using the Sew Easy tool to make my holes.
I added glitter to her earrings to give them a little sparkle:-) 
The flower has a flower brad through it from Stampin UP! then it has another silver faux brad set by my i-rock.
I used some twine on my button from the Twinery (my new favorite thing)
I inked some red ink around the birthday sign to give it some dimension.

Whew!  That was a hard one but I love how it came out!  I crack up whenever I look at it.  Mrs. Potato Head was cut out at 4 inches using the Toy Story Cartridge. 

Don't forget to check out the other design team bloggers to see what they came up with today and the Stampin Daisies site for info on these fun stamps!  
Design Team stops:

12 comments:

  1. Adorable card! You'll have to verse me on the Sew Easy tool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is soooo cute. I love it.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute!!!! love those eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaaha your right it is cracking me up lol :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!! Totally put a smile on my face this morning!! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!! Gotta love that tater ;)

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love the eyelashes, LOL!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is tooo cute!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious!!! Thanks for making me smile!
    brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I read them all and love getting them!