School's Out for Summer Blog Hop

Good day everyone and welcome to another blog hop sponsored by Nancy (Fancy with Nancy) and me!!  We are so excited for this one as it's highlighting a fun time of the year, SUMMER!!  The thing I look forward to most in the summer changes as each year comes. This year I was looking forward to NO SCHEDULE!  My daughter is starting kindergarten next year and we will be busy every day so I love that right now, we have nothing to do each day but play in the sun:-).  My project is a scrapbook page I put together with some photos that I have been itching to scrapbook since I took them last year. I just love the bright colors of the photos and the immense amount of fun the girls had on this day.  We have one of those huge blow up slides with a pool in it and one HOT sunny Sunday we blew it up and the neighbor girls came over to play.  They had so much fun and I caught this cute photo of them all together.

I just love this little mermaid from the Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge, I added some bling to her flower using my i-rock.  Her face was stamped using the Peachy Keen Stamps Princess faces set, I used my chalk to color in her cheeks.
I cut out the title from Life's a Beach, added the "s" by welding with my gypsy and a 4.  I used the Stampin UP! Fine Flourish stamp on the yellow to add some dimenstion and inked the edges.
I stamped some flowers with versamark  to the background paper using an old hostess stamp set from Stampin UP! called Punched Posies. The larger flowers were stamped with the same set and punched out using the 5 Petal Flower punch from Stampin UP!  The little flowers were stamped with the Stampin UP! Fine Flourish stamp and cut out using the Stampin UP! Boho Blossoms Punch.
I added some orange buttons to the flowers to give them a little dimension

I hope you liked my "summer" project. Now, what would a blog hop be without some Blog Candy??:-) Today I am giving away an i-rock

All you have to do is to enter to win is leave a comment on this post and I would love if you became a follower if you aren't already:-). I will be picking a winner Tuesday morning.. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
You're next stop is Nancy over at Fancy with Nancy
Here is a list of all the blogs in the hop in case you need it:

36 comments:

  1. Such an adorable LO, and your right, that is a cute mermaid lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo! And darling layout for those cute little mermaids! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love! Such a cute LO. I am inspired to use that cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling photo to inspire you..your layout turned out lovely! TFS!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Love the pic and LO. TFS
    shewhodreamz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow do those color POP...love it!! I want the 4 little mermaids to come play at my house!

    I love what you did with your background. I'll have to try that.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Mermaid. Am a new follower.

    mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute layout, love the colors and the little mermaid. My daughter and I are enjoying our days out in the pool too. It's been a fun summer.

    AnnetteASalinas@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I love that mermaid and the background stamping was the perfect touch.

    Thanks for letting me hop with you!
    ~Sarah
    http://simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blog hops you get a chance to find to and wonderful blogs. I found your blog because I am a followers of Kris Craft Coop and I am so glad I did. I am a follower now, and look forward to seeing your work and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable page. Love the mermaid :)

    pruttybird at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! I love your mermaid!
    brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable little layout. Your mermaid is adorable too
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable layout Jessica! Love that flower punch from SU.

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What cute little mermaids. You did a great job, pretty layout.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I go crazy over anything to do with water and the beach...and your layout is not exception. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. adorable layout i love the mermaid. you did such a great job and the colors look awesome together. thanks for sharing and the chance to win.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout!! Love the stamped flower! Looks like you bought the paper like that! I'll have to try that out! The mermaid is so pretty and I love the title! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance to win!

    scrappingwithstephanie at gmail dot com
    scrappingwithstephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layouts,so cute,I am a follower,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great layout. Love the mermaid! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable layout. Sweet mermaid.
    I'm a follower.
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    http: // mamawann. blogspot. com/
    annadowdy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that layout and the mermaid is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. SuPeR CuTe LaYoUt! I'm a follower now, and I look forward to seeing more of your work and ideas.
    Cathy :o)

    cat2jona.blogspot.com
    cat2jona at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a new GFC follower. The girls looked like they had so much fun and the layout you did is adorable. Thanks for a chance to win!
    esterling9 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww Jessica your layout is adorable. FUN pool there. I am already a follower
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am your newest follower and I LOVE the mermaid. My daughter's 4th BD is coming up and the theme is Under the Sea and I have been brainstorming for the invite...this mermaid looks great..hmm. THanks for sharing!
    aidensmom 2005 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Darling layout for those cute mermaids. Thanks for sharing.

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great summery LO. Precious memories! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are great summer colors you used. I love the mermaids. Thanks for the inspiration. ~Colleen nursecb05@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute! They look like they are having a blast!

    dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those girls are sooo cute! Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very pretty layout!!! tfs! :-)

    -Sam :-)
    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
    SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cute layout, Jessica! I love the mermaid and the photo of the girls is adorable. I'm already following. Thanks for the chance to win your blog candy. Funny, you and I use the same signoff (aliong with about a million others probably!) LOL

    Anne
    anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com
    anniebeescraftroom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I read them all and love getting them!