International Talk Like a Pirate Day Blog Hop

Hi everyone!  Welcome mateys to the International Talk Like a Pirate Day Blog Hop!  If you came here from Jenn over at Cardstock and Coffee, you are in the right place!  If you just happened upon my post today and want to start at the beginning, see Gill's blog over at Creations by Gill.
Okay so I joined this blog hop thinking it would be fun to try something out of my comfort zone.  I don't really know how to talk like a pirate except to say "aarrhh".  Luckily, my daughter was invited to a pirate themed birthday party next weekend and I needed a card.  I decided to get this adorable digi Buccaneer Marci stamp from Lala Land crafts and go from there.  I think it came out super cute!  I am really getting into digital stamping and coloring with my copics.  They are just so much FUN!


I also used my chalks to shade a little on the gray areas where I didn't have a darker gray to shade in and to color up her cheeks a little bit.  I used my DCWV green stack for the patterned paper, the rest is Stampin UP. Twine is Lemondrop from the Twinery:-).
Your next stop is Linda over at Fruit of My Hands.

20 comments:

  1. Ahoy! Cap'n Jessica!

    I love this card ye've made! Marci be mighty cute 'n th' colours are great!

    Well done!

    Cap'n Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute image and beautifully coloured!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... what a cute card! Love it matey!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card Matie, love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet image love the card to
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. arrgggg great projects ..TFS!!!!

    cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that pirate girl is a cutie pie!! loved your project.
    paula
    www.scrapyourworld1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahoy matey what a predy card ye made - a true treasure, i be loven the colors tfs

    Have a scrap- happy day!
    Lisa G
    http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. YO HO HO Pirate Jessica its Capn Gill checking in!
    WOW this is such an adorable project. your colouring is fabby and i love the addition of the twine. I love the digi so will pop on over to the site. thanks for sharing your fabby project for this hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing coloring work.
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute. I love the little pirate she's adorable. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us.


    http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arrhh Jessica! Adorable card ye have made! Some pirate is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. she is so beautiful! The coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card. I'm sure the pirate lass who receives it will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great coloring and love this stamp matey! Arrghh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I read them all and love getting them!