My New Cricut Imagine

Hi all!  It's a cold, dreary day here in Illinois so I took some much needed down time to play with a new toy I got last week during the Black Friday sale, my Cricut Imagine.  I have been wanting one of these since the day they came out!  I was so intrigued by the fact that you could print out a pattern onto your cut and just use a white sheet of paper every time!  You can also use your old cartridges with the machine and fill in those cuts with color.  Oh the possibilities!!  Anyway after I got my machine set up, (so easy) I decided to play.  The imagine is loaded with a few items you can cut so I found a Christmas tree and filled it with a pattern from the Elise cartridge that I got with my imagine at Walmart.  The cut came out so clean!  I added some pearls with my pearl pen and I had a tree!
(All the images were taken on my ipad using instagram)
So after all that fun I decided to make a background for my tree.  I again used one of the images loaded and filled it with a pattern from Elise.  I added some ink around the edges to give it some dimension.
I love this.  It's going on our "weekly schedule" board for some decoration for the month.
Here is how my mat looked after I was done, you can see how clean the cuts are.  I flipped the mat around to do the second cut and got it to fit perfectly on the paper.  I couldn't figure out how to move the image on the screen, if anyone knows how to do this, let me know:-)
Thanks so much for stopping by, now I need to get to work on my Christmas cards!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job, still trying to learn mine just got it synced to my Gypsy!! Enjoy
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you use the Cricut Craft Room you can move your image where you want it. I just got my Imagine 6 months ago and I love it. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create.
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I read them all and love getting them!