My Heart Belongs to Daddy Blog Hop

Welcome to the My Heart Belongs to Daddy Blog Hop!  Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!  We are looking forward to some warmer weather here in Chicago mixed with a little rain but I don't think anyone cares about the rain as long as it's WARM!  Anyway, onto the hop.  Hopefully you came here from Pam's blog over at Scrapbook Flair.  If not and you want to start at the beginning, stop at Jen's blog, Creative Army Wife.  For this hop we were tasked with creating something "manly", LOL!  At first I thought I would do a card but I had a really cute photo from my husband's birthday last weekend that I wanted to scrap so I choose to do a layout instead.  Sometimes we get scared doing manly or boyish layouts as we aren't sure what colors to use but I find it best to use primary colors are they are so bright and really work well with either gender.  
If you have been reading my blog for a while then you know I LOVE to use sketches with my layouts and cards and I chose to use the sketch from this weeks Scrapbook Challenges, sketch 248.  Here is what I came up with.
I absolutely LOVE how this one came out.  I used only my stamps on this one, no cricut at all!  The letters were cut out after I stamped them with my Stampin UP! set, Schoolbook Serif Alphabet.  The cupcakes are from a retired Stampin UP! set called Big Bold Birthday, along with the "make a wish" saying, and the oh so cute Banner Stamps are from Pink Persimmon, a stamp company I just happened to find last weekend while I was searching online for some banner stamps.  The background paper is Stampin UP! Sahara Sand, the other solid colors are also Stampin UP!, Pear Pizzazz, Pacific Point, Real Red, Bashful Blue and Whisper White, the patterned paper is from the DCWV Celebrations stack.  I thought it looked very manly:-).  Of course, I also added twine from the Twinery in Honeydew. All the ink colors are also Stampin UP! in the same colors as the paper.


Here is the sketch that the layout is based on:
If you are a scrapper, I recommend checking out their weekly sketch challenges.


Now onto some blog candy, Pink Persimmon has graciously donated these oh so cute banner stamps for my giveaway today!



I just love these stamps and banners are all the rage now in scrapbooking.  Just leave me a comment below and I would love if you became a follower if you aren't already.  I will accept entries until Monday night and draw a winner Tuesday morning.  
Onto your next stop, Jill over at the Scrapoholic.  I can't wait to see what she has made for the hop!

Here's a list of the participants in case you get lost along the way.




Jessica ~ http://thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com/---You are here:-)

37 comments:

  1. Great layout and colors!!!
    brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute, and I love to see LOs in blog Hops! Thanks so much for the inspiration, and the chance to win the fab stamps!
    scrappyscavenger/yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project. I am a follower. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog~ grabbed your button!! Corrine http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so cute, your layout is cute as well, thanks so much for sharing :D


    perfectlyunperfectcards at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, Thanks for a chance to win!

    adrianwallen@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful layout, TFS!
    Jenn
    www.craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a super cute layout! This hop is so wonderful! Thanks for your hard work.
    -Kassidy
    inkingitupcrazy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing layouts, it gives me ideas, yours is great I will definately go check out the sketch site!

    www.tryin2craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layout!!:)

    Kaitlin
    angel1694@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing!!

    vegeater@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing the layout on this hop! Absolutely adorable. pjritsema at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it. those stamps are too cute. thanks for joining me in this hop. very cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful "manly" layout. TFS and I love those stamps. Fingers crossed that you will draw my number.

    pammejo1@yahoo.com
    http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice indeed. sometimes a pair of scissors are all one needs. you sure did a nice job. i love it.

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love the added touch of a banner to a project. Fabulous LO. I am gonna have to remember to check out the challenges you mentioned...TFS!
    Jessica
    strgazrblueyes22477@yahoo
    http://jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layout! TFS :)

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I love the cupcakes :)

    Jenny
    www.papercutcreations.blogspot.com
    papercraftjenny@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. precious LO! Love pics! cupcakes look yummy!!
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the banner with your layout theme.

    contact info in profile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely layout!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great layout. Love the way you used cupcakes as a border along the bottom.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great layour!!!!! :) :)

    Thank you for the chance to win!! :) :)

    I love the clear stamp!!!!

    My email is vjg2512gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I became a follower of your blog. Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute layout! TFS!
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a new follower!great lo.joydee1963@yahoo.com

    joydee1963.scrap@blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice. Love the layout! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower of yours, would love for you to check my blog out too and follow if you like what you see:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very happy and nice layout. TFS and the chance to win. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH my I can see why you wanted to scrap that photo it's adorable. Love your cheerful LO.
    I'm a new follower looking forward to things to come. Thanks for the chance to win.
    Blessings Bernie
    bernietom47@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a sweet layout! Love the meaning behind this blog hop.

    Jenny Kozar

    jlkozar AT comcast DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  31. very cute layout! 2 things I'm obsessed with: cupcakes and banners! Seeing them everywhere, so much fun. Thanks for a chance to WIN some banners, the stamps are CUTE! (have you seen Stampin UPs new cupcake PUNCH? so cute)

    stampinlara at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am a new follower. great layout - didn't understand where you got the sketch tho.
    mmlmn at polarcomm dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great layout.
    Kathy
    Katsews at gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  34. what a cute layout Jessica!!! the banner and cupcakes are just so cute. I may have to scraplift this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super cute. Love the cupcakes and banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great layout. Thanks for the invite to the blog hop.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I read them all and love getting them!