CWC Challenge #84, Teacher Appreciation Day

Hi all!  Today the challenge over at CWC is Teacher Appreciation Day.  My daughter has just entered kindergarten this year and has the most AMAZING teacher!  I feel like I really need to do something special for her sweet teacher.  This project is something I have been thinking about for a while.  I bought the base of this little wooden box last year at the Scrapbook Expo and knew then I wanted to use it for a teacher.  I just finally got around to putting it together thanks to this challenge!
I used some old apple paper I had to cover the little box, I just traced where it needed to be and sanded off the edges. I used red for the sides and the bottom.
 The apple and worm are both from Create a Critter, along with the book. I used a Stampin UP letter set (Just Perfect Alphabet) for the teachers name and some Peachy Keen stamps for the face (Boy Mates).
 Here is a side view of the box. I put the apple paper inside as well.
 I then made this cute little card for her by welding two of the apple shapes together on my gypsy. The Thank you stamp is a CTMH stamp from the 4 My Friend set.  I also made 10 more of these cards to stick inside the box so she could have them to use for herself.  
I am hoping to get another project made for her soon, when I am done I'll be sure to post here!  I can't believe school is almost out, didn't we just begin?  Anyway, thanks for stopping by and if you would like to play along, link up your project to http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/.  You may also want to stop by there for inspiration, the design team came up with some pretty neat things!

5 comments:

  1. Cute box and card. i love the background paper on the box!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I totally love the gift bag!!!

    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little bag and card. Love the little bookworm and the apple paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Teacher's gift!! Love the little apple. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so cute, Jessica! Love the bookworm!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I read them all and love getting them!